New Orleans, LA, United States
Creative. Intelligent. Talented. Youngmind. (C.I.T.Y) was born David Paul Baptiste, Jr. on September 6, 1988, in New Orleans, Louisiana. He first discovered his musical talent at the age of 10, which flowed deep in his bloodline. C.I.T.Y was influenced by his Great Grandfather Louis Barbarian and Great Uncle Paul Barbarian who were both considered "Founders" in the jazz music movement during the 1940s. C.I.T.Y.'s musical bloodline links him to musical icons such as Darren Brazley, Stanley Clarke and Chris Severin.

The Child Of Kony2012 Produced by Y.Influence

C.I.T.Y.'s Public Service Announcement

C.I.T.Y. - Devil In a New Dress

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Up And Coming Aritst!

C.I.T.Y. Is a up and coming artist From The 7th ward of New Orleans LA, hard work and dedication describes one of the many vibes received from this artistic lyricist. After sitting and Talking with Him, off of a first impression you would never think he's as deep with the concept and understanding of life. City explain to me " I didn't choose this love of music its a gift god granted me with." Everyone has a mission in life and i'm still searching for that certain direction. That calling but i know i must achieve it threw music". Spending time with this young man I got to see many sides from caring to goofy, from goofy to serious, from serious to wise all in all a very Loving Human Being ready to enjoy life. We set down one time after the first encounter and listen to some exclusive tracks that are thrown in the bucket to be selected for the up and coming album The Definition, it left me speechless from the southern pounding beats, smooth jazz flavor, and Powerful words of meaning. One of my favorite line would be from the song Way Now! , "I swear I strive to the best of my abilities, kill the game leave them getting sued with hospital fee's, roll the window down middle fingers to my enemies, Damn lil Daddy wild he got New orleans tendencies-, ross said it its deeper than rap, I hold it down for my dogs who cant leave from the trap, Graduate from college, not addicted to crack, trying to provide for there fam held back cause there black". After hearing that all I could say was wow! but thats my opinion. City reflected on me after Our interview, inspired me to take life more serious and strive to always give back an remain humble. I was asked to oversee this blog site and keep you the people up to date on events of C.I.T.Y. So expect to hear plenty more from this movement its Just something special.
Signing Out. Sincerely Mr PB.....

1 comment: